Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Wish

ESPN is currently doing a segment for their Page 2 sports writers about things they wish would happen in sports. I really enjoyed reading Scoop Jackson's article (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/090624) and decided to create a list of my own.

I wish I could play ball again.
I wish I could sit in the Polo Grounds and watch the Say Hey Kid.
I wish Bill Buckner would have caught that ball.
I wish Michael Jordan would have missed that shot.
I wish I could love Brett Favre again.
I wish they'd let Joe Jackson and Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame.
I wish steroids didnt exist.
I wish Jose Canseco would keep his mouth shut.
I wish Roger Clemens would do the same.
I wish there were no reasons for asterisks.
I wish Ken Griffey Jr. would have stayed healthy.
I wish Earnest Byner would have held on to that football.
I wish Tony Fernandez would have fielded that ground ball.
I wish Roger Maris and Hank Aaron were still the Home Run Kings.
I wish free agency didnt exist.
I wish there were more women like Erin Andrews.
I wish Erin Andrews was my wife.
I wish I could be 8 years old, in my front yard, playing football with my dad again.
I wish I could have seen Bob Gibson pitch, and Ted Williams hit.
I wish the Browns would have never left Cleveland.
I wish the Oilers would have never left Houston.
I wish Woody Hayes wouldn't have hit Charlie Bauman.
I wish Warrne Moon wouldn't have hit his wife.
"I wish Donte Stallworth would have stayed home that night."
I wish Robinson Cano played for a different team.
I wish I could have seen a game at the old Yankee Stadium.
I wish i could hit a big league curveball.
I wish the USA would win the World Cup.
I wish Poland would win the World Cup.
I wish a Cleveland sports team would win a championship.
I wish I didnt love Cleveland sports so much.
I wish I never realized that professional sports were all about the money.
I wish i could see Michael Jordan and Cal Ripken play one more game.
I wish I could be like Mike.
I wish baseball would be back in the Olympics.
I wish Bud Selig would retire.
I wish Ty Cobb died with more friends.
I wish Dontrelle Willis could find his form.
I wish there were more athletes like Curtis Granderson.
I wish Americans respected baseball the way the Japanese do.
I wish Baseball would catch on in Europe and Africa.
I wish ever kid could know what it feels like to grip a baseball.
I wish continuation and that stupid circle weren't a part of NBA basketball.
I wish Jim Valvano was still alive.
I wish the NFL wasn't so protective of Quarterbacks.
I wish I could see a double header for 25 cents like the old days.
I wish there were more coaches like Joe Paterno.
I wish Gatorade was just Gatorade.
I wish baseball players still wore high socks.
I wish I loved other things as much as I love sports.

1 comment: